is pleased to present
Understanding Endoscopic Ultrasound and Fine Needle Aspiration
Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) is a medical procedure in which endoscopy is combined with ultrasound to obtain images of the colon. In some cases, EUS is combined with a fine needle aspiration (FNA) or fine needle biopsy (FNB) in order to confirm the diagnosis. In this learner-paced independent study activity, the learner will review the disease states that can benefit from EUS FNA/FNB procedures. (S)He will also review the various applications and patient teaching elements for the procedures.
This learner-paced activity is intended primarily for RNs with a responsibility for or an interest in the use of EUS, FNA/FNB and patient teaching associated with the procedures. The presentation will also be of interest to allied healthcare personnel and MDs.
Upon completion of this presentation, participants will be able to:
- Describe various applications of EUS
- Describe various applications of FNA
- Discuss disease states that can benefit from EUS FNA/FNB procedures
- Discuss patient teaching consideration aspects for the EUS procedure
Participants will complete the web-based learning activity entitled “Understanding Endoscopic Ultrasound and Fine Needle Biopsy”. They will read the article, then register to take the post-test and complete the evaluation on the website. They will submit the documentation as directed. A bibliographic reference is included for those wishing additional information.
Upon completion of the entire program, achieving a score of 80% on the post-test, and submission of required documentation, participants will be granted 1 contact hour. No partial credit will be granted.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 08747, the District of Columbia Board of Nursing, Provider Number 50-574, the Florida Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 50-574, the Georgia Board of Nursing, Provider Number 50-574 and the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Registered Professional Nurses, Provider Number 50-26112.
It is the responsibility of the licensee to verify acceptance of contact hours for relicensure.
- Successful completion: Participants must register and complete the entire program, achieve a score of 80% on the post-test and submit required documentation.
- Conflict of interest: Planners disclose no conflict of interest. Subject matter experts, who consulted on the project, are employees of the commercial support entity and hereby disclose a conflict of interest.
- Commercial company support: Fees are underwritten by education funding provided by Medtronic GI Solutions.
- Non-commercial company support: None.
- Alternative/Complementary therapy: None
Certificate Issue / Replacement
Participants successfully completing the activity and submitting required documentation will be permitted to print a certificate of completion. Participants are advised to retain the certificate for eight years following activity completion.
Replacement of misplaced certificate is available from Educational Dimensions. There is a fee for this service. Request a replacement by contacting Educational Dimensions.